The FIFA scandal has reached “parent” status, in that those of us who are known soccer aficionados have spent the week trying to explain the whole thing to our parents, who have always been a little confused about this strange game.
Here’s what I worked on this week:
- I covered the United game last Saturday for the Star Tribune. Here’s my game recap. I also wrote a much longer postgame post, for Northern Pitch.
- Tuesday, I wrote about how the US Open Cup needed to change its scheduling. Then United went out and lost anyway. Jinx!
- Wednesday, our new close personal friend Liz Welle joined The Sportive, and we talked about nachos, the Twins, nachos, FIFA, and nachos.
- The FIFA scandal was in the news, but the NASL had a pretty bad day Wednesday, too.
- Week 13 in MLS is a good chance to reflect that, for as dumb as MLS is, at least they aren’t FIFA.
- It’s Soccer Saturday today, and a good chance to look at today’s three big Cup Finals, and consider the men in charge.